POET Technologies Inc.

Just a comment on our new Commercial endeavour ( as a civilian). If this is " low hanging fruit", the phrase, to me implies an ease of fabrication, simplicity, and readily available market. In reality, the VCSEL is an extremely complex and sophisticated device that requires a very high degree of precision and experitse to fabricate. If POET sees this device as "low hanging fruit", I think it reveals the degree of competency in advanced photonics we possess. Not only to have the confidence in our capability produce such a advanced device, and I believe, improve on what is now available raising the bar, but also the insight to recognize and focus on the direction of industry needs and targeting products that is in POET's wheelhouse. In my opinion this is just the beginning of what our team has in store for us. I realize the VCSEL was a request or suggestion by a potential customer, but my point is they consider this an elementary step on our path to realization of industry disrupting technology. Just a thought, again from a civilian or non-tech guy. But learning all the time. Mostly from this site. Many thanks to DD posters, peace makers, and Hub Leaders, and some of the fun type posts we get. All onboard for the same goal (hopfully) :-)) B/T

Please login to post a reply
brightech
City
Napa
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/14/2014
Social Links