POET Technologies Inc.

@ Scary> I'm talking about the type that deal with multi-billion dollar customers that require insane security protocols, and that produce solutions with extremely complicated architecture and database schemas. Complex solutions that are solved with millions of lines of code, integrating all kinds of tools and leading-edge technologies to meet high demands of customers. Talent and time is required to achieve this. Our HR is just fine. POET's complexity is parallel to this, mainly due to the fact that it is breaking new ground, but is a hardware problem being solved that brings about different challenges that most often take incredible amounts of time and money to get a working and valuable product to market.

I don't have much time to post and I rarely ever read Scary's posts anymore because they just get me worked up.

But I did take a quick look at his last post at least the first part. He seems to be well informed about the industry so I have to wonder why he seems to be summing up POET as if it were one technology vertical. And categorizing it as being this very complex technology that will require millions of lines of code and take years to be commercialized (excuse me if I misread but that was my impression).

What I am trying to say is that the efforts by management for an early to market application is not going to be the single electron transistor in a quantum computer or a general purpose logic processor although POETs process will be single thread and not the complex multi core processors being built today in silicon.

They aren't even talking about a digital signal processor at this point for early adoption. My understanding is that they are looking at the earliest most impactive application that they can have in the shortest possible time ready for the market. The optical interface is something that they have been working on for a very long time and it appears that they have cracked that nut for a commercial design.

The time frames that I have heard to have an optical interface built and in a server quite frankly surprised me. And seemed extremely optimistic but the only real reason that a very early time frame would work is if the effort was at a much more advanced stage then any of us were aware. I am not going to comment on the timeframe as I expect we will have a very good indication of this in the coming weeks.

The thing you have to remember about this company now is that we are not going to be given guesses or overly optimistic projections. The guys in charge now know what is required and they have done it before. The fact that they have kept so quiet regarding any hint of what they are doing is very telling in my opinion of the professionalism that they have to not speak until they have the complete picture and can ground their projections with solid conclusions based on sound facts. I can only imagine the amount of heat they have taken as a result by current shareholders.

But just as a reminder for those who would be concerned about any potential delay to monetizing as a result of their plans. I would have to say that their approach now has become very multipronged where the potential for early revenue is no longer restricted to just the licensing of IP.

We should know soon enough.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links