POET Technologies Inc.

StrategicTrader, we deserve the respect, not the other way around. Copetti has never had any skin in the game. Only options. We are the ones that have invested our hard earned money based on HIS statements, none of which came to fruition yet. He got Ajit in the door, I give him that. But both him and Ajit formulated a path to monetization which never materialized when expected and now it is being brushed under the rug with a new team and new plan. He said many things that mislead investors during his tenure and some sort of accountability is expected. No sense in enumerating all that was said and didn't materialize as they have been discussed here ad nauseum.

With regards to the company not existing today because of him, that is only your opinion, your speculation and far from the truth. With the potential this company had by switching 100% focus to the POET side of the business at the time, anyone with capital markets experience would have been able to raise cash at those prices. Many other ventures companies with much less promise were able to raise funds at the time, so I don't see that as a huge feat. They had a pure gem to entice investors with, and something with the kind of potential rarely seen today. If it wasn't Peter who did it, it would have been whoever else took the position. I think that acknowledging that solar was in the pits at the time and putting 100% attention to POET was a no brainer. Some of us were hoping for that already long before it happened. Lets not make a big deal about that please.

That being said, I'm thankful for the things Peter has done for POET, but at the same time, I'm glad we have a new CEO because a big part of their job is to manage shareholder's expectations and that was very poorly done.

Please login to post a reply
ScaryRaccoon
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/14/2007
Social Links
Private Message