POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Chairman's message

That's what I've been saying thanks to a little chin wag I had with someone I know in the Valley. If you're Apple, you have; watches, I-Pads, I-Macs, Phones, and your own proprietary I-Tunes and Safari. EACH of those, is a seperate verticle.

Google, has the server farms all over the place (costing huge dollars to run, and at a cost to the environment with all the cooling that has to be done) But they are also branching out too. (Android phones etc)

Samsung has phones, electronics, appliances tabs and other devices.

I just thought of another obvious one today. Aeronautics. What would it mean to an aircraft manufacturer to have this technology on board? Then of course, automotive (and this promise to facilitate driverless cars)

Each of these are individual verticles...and in every one, there's competition for market share.

Any of those potential customers would want a proprietary chip that works only on their devices. So it would makes sense, to bundle up and have consistency all across the motherboards. That's why 10 billion is a very small chunk of change. For me, it would represent nothing more than exclusivity for one type of application. That wouldn't even cover royalties etc.

Please login to post a reply
VanVillain
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/26/2013
Social Links
Private Message