POET Technologies Inc.

in response to fairchijisback's message

Fairchij,

Speculation on my part, but I fully agree with this statement:

"I think the most probably event and one that we are all expecting is that the milestone results have been accepted and a deal is being worked.."

We were making
Vertical Cavity Lasers in 2012... I can't imagine too much of a stretch between a VCL and a VCSEL... A VCL is basically a ultra short reach VCSEL from what I can gather online... All we're doing now is replicating & fine tuning this technology at some of the best facilities in the world(BAE)...

"In December 2012, ODIS successfully produced an integrated laser device, the first Vertical Cavity Laser (“VCL”) utilizing POET, the basis for chip-to-chip interconnection, and complementing other optoelectronic devices already demonstrated by ODIS — including heterostructure field effect transistors (“HFETs”), optical thyristors, pulsed lasers, and super-radiant light emitting devices."

I for one, am convincing myself more everyday, through my research, that we've achieved these milestones a while ago...

No where does it state in our milestones the "parameters of completion" for us to deem it complete. Let me paint you a picture.

If you're POET Technologies, you have clients waiting on your VCSEL milestones. Are the clients simply going to be impressed that you've achieved this without them having one in their hands?

No, they're not.

I believe these Milestones will only be considered "completed" when we have prototypes coming off production lines. What's the point of announcing a milestone to the world when you don't have a full fabrication flow producing prototypes?

I suspect we've achieved these milestones a couple of months ago, maybe even a year ago, it's implementing the production flows in Fabs that's the hard part. Fine tuning these insanely complex factories, making your recipe work in your neighbours kitchen, that's what we've been doing all this time.

Do you guys really expect POET to just say to the world, "Yay, we did it! Now, where is the money?"

We need to put these prototypes in some hands before anyone is going to sign with us.

To me, that's where we're at right now. The contracts with BAE are confirmation of demand for mass production. I mean we're still building prototypes but we're gearing up for mass production in my mind, this is what BAE has been doing for the past year or so.

"The result will be both a more manufacturable process and improved optimization of the device structures included in the POET technology."

“Working with BAE Systems will enable the acceleration and maturation of the POET fabrication process for a faster prototype demonstration and a smoother transition to manufacturing.”

At what point does POET really need to announce the milestone completion?

I mean, they could have a 100 different prototypes they're testing and that are fully functional, but they could be choosing the "shade of paint" they're going to use and it still wouldn't be considered fully completed.

I think these milestones are very much attached to deals.

Food for thought,
Cheers

Abel

Please login to post a reply
Abel00
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined