POET Technologies Inc.

Another Observation about POET’s market as revealed for the first time.

SG talks about the Internet of Things in pretty good detail in terms of what the current standards are.

As he explained industry is targeting the cheapest processes. Low performance silicon devices at 130nm to 180nm. POET offers the same relationship of much greater performance plus up to 90% energy saving in IoT devices at those nodes and many of those devices need a low power budget when being powered by batteries and some with solar. What really makes the difference however is the reduction of manufacturing costs as a result of the reduced chip count? The same argument that makes POET so beneficial to the smart phone applies in probably a more meaningful way to IoT devices. IoT devices have to be cheap to make them attractive to the market so if you can reduce the chip count the battery size the solar power requirements by again reducing the multiple chips (analog, RF, sensors and digital) to one then you have created a huge cost savings. Consider the kind of expansion of devices that could occur by the production of ultra-cheap surveillance cameras. I personally would be very quick to install a network of cheap cameras mounted around the perimeter of my home that was the cost of those solar powered lights that are everywhere. POET could integrate the camera function including power supply RF or wireless connection IR all in one chip at a small fraction of the cost. The payload for a drone with a POET mounted camera would be significantly cheaper with lower power requirements. And of course military drones could also integrate missile counter measures.

Car crash avoidance systems must operate in the fastest possible and POET is going to fit that bill with IR capabilities very neatly as well.

I am rambling. Time to get out and enjoy the day.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message