POET Technologies Inc.

We had discussed at times to great length whether or not 100 nm has been accomplished (most of us thought it had been at the POET lab but some were not sure), and I believe the consensus was that it had been accomplished at the POET lab, but not in a "3rd party foundry". I am wondering if the Corporate Presentation is now confirming this (PET) has been accomplished at the "3rd party foundry"? Not sure if there is a PET vs. POET confusion issue here on my part?

Sept 2 NR "today announced an agreement with a "3rd party foundry" to reproduce and enhance the repeatability of the 100-nm scale results obtained at the Company's labs (the "POET labs")"

On page 20 of the new Corporate Presentation, the "100 nm or below PET n- and p- channel device" milestone is listed in the table, and below the table is "Note 1: Milestones noted above were accomplished with a 3rd party fab partner, an international defense services company that is a global leader in military electronic design, development, manufacturing and integration. The 3rd party partner has world-class GaAs research facilities and has numerous PhD researchers. POET's partnership has successfully reproduced the POET technology as published, by producing and testing the critical electrical elements of POET Platform sub-process steps for transistors."

I speculate, in this case, the "3rd party fab partner" is likely BAE, and is listed as a partner, not a potential partner. Makes me wonder if there are more than one "3rd party foundries"?

Good luck tomorrow for some green!

Quan

Please login to post a reply
Quan Gork
City
Vancouver
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined