POET Technologies Inc.

The TCADs
almost 10 years ago

The NRE that I don’t think we have touched on yet. Synopsys relationship has so far been identified as a collaboration.

Foundry Design KIT – Flow-through NRE Royalties

- Percentage of the POET foundry design kit revenue from foundries that develop

libraries and specific design kits targeting the POET process that they will sell to their

customers.

So at this point in time Synopsys is the only TCAD that has been announced publicly. But we do know based on the information delivered at the AGM that they also work with others (Cadence?).

I would suggest that their relationship with Synopsys is more mature and they are the biggest TCAD company in the world. So on slide 18 the term Flow-through NRE is used. So Synopsys gets paid by retaining a percentage of the design kit revenue. In other words what OEM’s pay to use Synopsys POET design tools.

This suggests that Synopsys sees POET as a good investment. As such Synopsys may have interests beyond the revenue stream they will derive from the tool set. POET needs to show the world that their technology is a contender and they need to move quickly to insert their technology in order to maximize return. I think with POET’s large goals in all verticals they need to have a larger source of safe money. Again we are left to connect the dots.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message