POET Technologies Inc.

in response to turr's message

@turr,

I agree with everything you said. I think most would say that I'm usually pretty patient when it comes to the release of information from the company. In this case however, I think it would be helpful to confirm that there are no changes in the business plan, and that we are still on track regarding past statements regarding revenue. Foremost, I think it would be best to explain the insider marker. POET was proactive in heading off frightened investors ahead of Taylor's sale. I would say they set a precedent that they now must maintain - at least in this short term. Unfortunately, they can't announce Taylor's sale and justly remain quiet about yesterday's marker without undermining their effort to be transparent.

Understand that I'm not criticizing management here - for all I know they found out no sooner than we did, but with a future NASDAQ listing being a critical part of our business plan, it would be a tactical error to ignore SP.

***Pure speculation below***

Truthfully, I wouldn't be concerned if there was a near-term development that would be impossible for the market to ignore - such as the kind speculated on by mazan and elaborated upon by ST. If a company the size of Synopsys or Google were to take a stake in POET it would immediately set a tangible valuation for our company - not just the IP.

Let's say "they" offered to take 15% of POET for $150M. This effectively honours the first Pellegrino $1B valuation.

I'll deal with round numbers because I can't be bothered to find the current OS.

If we increased the FD OS to something like 280M shares to supply the 15%, we *should* have a SP of around $3.50 to match the valuation of the equity stake "they" bought.

IMO, that's a starting point for the SP to *begin* rising because the market will start to appreciate the exposure "they" can provide and the actual development work they can perform on behalf of their new company. The SP should go even higher when you consider the de-risking and expected forward earnings potential to bring in the speculators.

***end speculative tirade***

Please login to post a reply
oogee
City
the Hammer
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/17/2012