POET Technologies Inc.

To move the share value up ?

First of all I am not a stock person. I can converse in stock speak but am definately and self admittedly not a stock person. I also have no issue with day to day gyrations as I know what the long term horizon will be and thats significant enough for me.

I am a marketing person through and through, and a technology person. Hardware and peripherals and the marketing of these are my field of expertise in general.

So while waiting for a file to cross my desk this morning, I started thinking. What is the issue(s) here relative to share price. Shorting has been mentioned. Some have said strength (or perceived lack of) and ambiguity of news. While others have mentioned the spectre of an RS hanging over us seems to have an effect.

The first thing that occured to me was that the company is-has and will be working under the confines of disclosure, NDA`s, strategic information control, security, you name it. Been there done that just like been there with "controlled news flow", and working 2 months into the past with "forward releases", and thats just for those that don't "buy it".

Come into my business and see what security is involved. Just as an aside, every day I scan through 6 security check points to get to my office. If I download a sensitive file or have one couriered to me (yes couried from another floor) I sign and scan portably for it. My call logs are signed off every month. My meetings in and out of the office all sign on with a cursory NDA AND if its level 5 sensitivity, then we do an audio/video NDA sign in. I coulod probably be reprimanded or fired for telling you that.

(Hi-lighted in black because some can't, won't or don't believe in or seem to be able to wrap their heads around the whole secrecy angle)

Secondly, the management, although probably frustrated like we are, may or do not feel the need to do any kind of promotion, programmed buying, or other involvement at this point. Again, knowing what they know.

So this leads me to ask, whats in the can or whats coming that they think will push this over the required dollar amount and on the way and to avoid the spectre (to some) of an RS. Is it a name that we all know ?, is it something so large it will without warning crush our naked shorting friends ? Or what ?

This also leads me to believe, based on my own experiences that they are working forward by a set time period. Under promise and over deliver so to speak, while leaving time for errors, hiccups, and pitfalls. But that still does not help us down here at street level, does it ? Or do we continue with patience for now expecting something larger ?

Personally, I think some of it is a case of the investing public (retailers) don't quite understand (nor care) what is occuring here. A portion of the problem is also due to retailers lack of ability to "measure" the data and news objectively, or effectively. The shorts, as mighty as they seem, I have been informed are a small in comparison to a major hedge fund et al. I am told the proof is in the daily house positions and the low negative side volume. So a smalll group of traders takes advantage of fear, impatience, and the ignorant while manipulating shares into their own benficial positions. So it appears its a combination of a few things.

What would I do if I was the leadership ?

Absolutely nothing but have a grin so big, it would look like I had two sets of false teeth in.

So whats your take ? (What would you do ?)

Please login to post a reply
EileenTeahon
City
New York-Chicago
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/06/2014
Social Links