POET Technologies Inc.

I must admit, sometimes I don`t feel I have good enough written communication skills. Judging by the responses in my PM inbox, some times I do and sometimes I dont. Theres a great book out there that is a fabulous read for all investors, but I dont want it compared with the mania I am trying to elaborate on. For those interested, try this for a read.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds, is a fabulous read for all.

On to refining the subject of manias. In my search to find better examples to explain this phenomena, I found as an example, and interview with Pharrell Williams. In it they explain how the song Happy was a delayed success until the video was released long after the movie it was featured in. The effect social media had on it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pharrell-williams-happy-and-grateful/

Many years ago, the Harvard School of Business did a study on customer referrals and found that each person is capable of over 30 direct referrals on a popular product or service they have that they like. It also found its more than human nature to want to tell friends, family etc about a good deal or a great product they have found.

http://www.marketingprofs.com/articles/2011/5586/case-study-how-one-company-more-than-doubled-customer-referrals

How does this apply to POET ?

POET will obviously start small before it heads towards a dominant position. It will only take one manufacturer to boast about all of its features and benefits to get the ball rolling. Now thats assuming they do not have multiple companies signing on after verification of these features and benefits. Which is entirely possible and expected I believe. Either way, once true azimuth has been obtained, the marketing program begins, including (I suspect) a very large social media campaign centered around the eco-benefits of POET. The marketing team will structure each benefit into a specific market where they feel the public would most be receptive to that particular benefit. (When fax machines first came out there were areas of the business world that outright rejected them). So where they may feel power consumption is number one in a particular market thats what will be headlined, and possibly some other feature or benefit in another. Marketing studies, reports of usage, buying preferences, etc will also come into play here.

Soon enough, I expect 6 months or less into launch, mania will take over. Bob will tell Sue, and so on, mainstream news outlets will be involved, like a CNN. Free samples of the product will be sent to reviewers, tech TV-Radio shows, magazines etc etc. News papers, the internet, pretty much every where will be involved. So where does the mania come in ? The mania will have started in the first wave in this media centric and marketing speciific campaign. The companies will create an artifical supply issue or have drastically underestimated demand (which is what I expect to happen). The supply and demand equation will tip substantially in the favour of demand, driving prices of product, up substantially, and if on a floating revenue plan based on order books, driving POETs revenue rate up as well.

Remember the Cabagge Patch Kids craze anyone. Watch this video, it sums it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOlIvx7Pvs

For those of us old enough to remember the Cabbage Patch Kids craze. You have some idea of what a handset, a TV, a tablet, a lap top, a computer, will face when incorporated with POET product. Everyone will want one, limitation will exist in the beginning bringing publicity to the product from every corner of the world.

A marketing dream, a sales giant, a technological marvel, as with the iphone, your life will not be complete without it.

http://readwrite.com/2013/05/13/mobile-is-taking-over-the-world

Please login to post a reply
EileenTeahon
City
New York-Chicago
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/06/2014