POET Technologies Inc.

in response to tradergader's message

Tradegader: I believe that the physical change over of equipment will be much easier to complete than the cultural change over from SI to GaAs. Long term entrenched senior people in these big organizations have dedicated their life's work to using the SI platform. Its a paradigm shift to move from one platform to another and I don't think this comes without a significant amount of resisitance and ego that gets in the way.

Absolutely, Tradergader! A company like Intel would not even think about thinking about gallium arsenide, because silicon is their blood and soul. On the other hand, despair and urgent need for solutions eases POET's way to the market. The company would have to find only one, single, flexible, open-minded customer who is more concerned about his business than about cultural constraints. Lets make this customer happy with a POET-based solution, and more customers will follow – eventually even the Big Ones like Intel.

Past news releases make me believe that our company has already found such customers. These customers are now waiting for the PET/TDK to become available, so that they can buy it and start designing their POET chips.

Andrea ("Powered by POET")

Please login to post a reply
Andrea Koch
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/24/2013
Social Links