POET Technologies Inc.

If we have learned anything over the past number of months it is that it will take much more than milestone accomplishments, big name hirings and P2 valutaion reports to nudge the SP north.

For months and months many on this board spoke to the immense treasures awaiting once any or all of the above were announced and those people are now once again blaming manipulators when those expected treasure didn't realize. Even worse, some of the same are now saying expectations were too high.

Well, ask yourself, who created those expectations?

With the exception of Turr in an earlier post and perhaps a few others, there has been little conversation that perhaps the best way to unleash shareholder value is through the sale (auction) of PTK as it exists including all IP.

Is it possible that many of the recent events have been designed for just such an outcome.

For instance, Ajit Manocha. Ajit is 64 years old and in recent articles he stated that it was his goal sometime ago to step down, slow down and spend more time with his family. It is clear that Ajit has created sufficient personal wealth to do just that.

I am thinking that Ajit's time frame for cashing in on those $1.75 share options is much sooner that 5+ years.

The Reverse Split proposal to be voted on at the AGM is potentially designed to circumvent the Venture and the vultures for a rapid NASDAQ listing. This listing, many of us believe is required to attract big money institutional investment and/or the attention of investment partners or potential aquisitors.

The AGM will also see the appointment of Sheldon Inwentash to the BOD. WIth Pinetree/Sheldon owning 12mm shares plus 7mm warrants he also has incredible motivation and biases toward share price growth. He may also need it in a hurry.

As I read it, Sheldon's compensation from Pinetree is calculated at 10% of equity value growth on an annual basis. Some years he has personally been paid as much as $35 mm based on this calculation. With the price of gold having fallen over the cliff the last few years so has Pinetree'investment value. Its share price has gone from $14 to .38 cents over the past number of years. There is no history of Sheldon being a long term builder of companys, let alone tech companys so I am thinking his timing is short range as well.

While I am sure PC and AM and others are actively pushing for partnership deals to move the techology closer to monetization I am equally convinced that the sale of POET is very much on the same table.

When management says loudly and clearly they want to go the lease and partnership route and the Company is not for sale, it generally means the opposite.

Please login to post a reply
Smoothsailing
City
Oshawa
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
04/28/2014
Social Links