Re: GLTA
about 10 years ago
about 10 years ago
about 10 years ago
GLTA
about 10 years ago

I was away on a weekend trip and I only read the NR a couple of hours ago while waiting in line for a coffee. I then began to read the reaction here on Agora when I arrived at home.

There are 11 pages of posts in reaction to the prospect of consolidation and I have no desire to add to it.

It is a perfect work of art.

The medium is fear.

As of tomorrow I plan to step down as a hub leader. I may change my mind after a good night sleep, but I doubt it. I'll leave my account open for a time because there are many who only like to connect via PM, but I'll not be posting and I'll probably abandon the account altogether after a time.

Many of you will remember when I started this hub, the like-minded among us were looking for alternatives to SH in case my strategy for all-inclusive private group failed. We learned that when people had to stop and think before writing, the way we usually do in civilized face-to-face discourse, we could have a much more productive discussion.

When a botched overhaul at SH ruined both the public and private discussion boards, Agora turned out to be the perfect fit for our group. It basically had my philosophy of inclusion built in, with the moderation, point system (with privileges) and the 6 rules. We still had to watch what we said if we wanted to remain a part of the discussion. Again we found we were greater than the sum of our parts.

Fast forward through the intervening years and you would see some great DD and only a few "lord of the flies" type incidents. Nowadays we seem to be dropping the boulder on piggy on a bi-weekly basis with intermittent requests to join the $70 ($350) club.

I want to thank everyone who shared this experience with me over the years. The most recurring phrase is "Do your own DD", but I don't think it is even possible to amass the pure volume of DD as we have, as mere individuals. Unfortunately, Agora's usefulness as an engine of due diligence is at an end. Occasionally, you get posts like Bumblebee's, but it gets lost in torrents of other posts that add nothing but FUD. FUD is the enemy of the sound investor.

FYI I'm long on PTK and I see no reason to change my strategy based on any of the information we have gained over the last week. If I didn't have to replace my broken-down vehicle I would probably be scooping up some of your shares tomorrow :)

And as a parting quote I give you some pink floyd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy8iUI_ayuo

GLTA

Please login to post a reply
oogee
City
the Hammer
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating