POET Technologies Inc.

in response to TechGC's message

TechGC: I think it is safe to say the reason why they would entertain a consolidation is to get on NASDAQ. I am not sure why this is not clearly apparent.

Absolutely, TechGC! The objective to get listed at the NASDAQ (and the TSX) is pretty clear for those who can and do read. Instead of consuming and spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) here, people should consult the Information Circular Booklet. At the bottom of page 23 instead we can read the following (emphasis by me):

• Ability to meet listing requirements on certain senior stock exchanges – certain senior stock exchanges have a minimum trading price requirement for listing, which levels may not be able to be achieved without the Consolidation.

Another issue is to not only get listed "on certain senior stock exchanges", but to also get past certain institutional investors' and investment funds' thresholds, raising more buying poetential and thus driving the share price even higher. This is also very clear from the Information Circular, see also page 23:

• Greater investor interest - a higher post-consolidation Share price could help generate interest in the Corporation among investors, as a higher anticipated Share price may meet investing guidelines for certain institutional investors and investment funds that may be prevented under their investing guidelines from investing in the Shares at current price.

Those who can, should read and understand. Bashers and those unable to do simple arithmetic should better shut up. Unfortunately they probably won't.

Anyway, good luck to all – or at least to the former!

Andrea ("Powered by POET")

Please login to post a reply
Andrea Koch
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/24/2013
Social Links