POET Technologies Inc.

in response to robvanhooren's message

"like I said, if your personal exit is $10, that's OK. absolutely nothing wrong with that. everyone has to make their own decisions, along their own time horizon."

Its not, and the fact that you keep saying that shows me you still aren't grasping my post at all. Its very frustrating to me because I have respect for you and your posts, and you are missing the whole point entirely this time around.

No one was talking about a low buyout or accepting a low buyout. This isn't even about that. We were talking about an unrealistic scenario where an acquirer would be willing to make an offer 4x or 300% the current share price for a company when the average for M&A's is only 36% with some very rarely going over 100%.

The only reason $10 is being discussed here is because Andrea's example used 2.50/share as the starting point bringing us to $10. Stop fixating on the $10 and on POET all together. In general the same example can be used starting at $25/share and I will say the same thing. No one will come in and put an offer of $100/share for a stock currently valued at $25. Hopefully you get it this time around because I'm done with this topic.

A discussion around accepting an offer around $10 has nothing to do with this, and I too believe it would be shameful.

Please login to post a reply
ScaryRaccoon
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/14/2007
Social Links
Private Message