POET Technologies Inc.

in response to JoelH's message

Joel- It is great to see you on here. I am glad you joined the board - welcome!

Your initial gut reaction is common. Many people can’t believe a technology that runs 20-50X that of Intel is not already purchased by a big player. It is my opinion that 1-2 big players will be partners with POET within the next 3 months and ultimately POET will be purchased by X-Mas. POET mgmt. is talking with many right now.

I urge you to look deeper into what POET really is and what it means for the industry. There a many fellows on this board that explain the technology much better than I but I will start the ball rolling a little bit. In the end, digging deep into the links and preferably 20-F and other documents will provide you with very eye opening moments.

-POET at 100NM is approx 20-50X times faster than Intel at 20nm.

-POET uses under 1/4 of the power to drive that performance.

-POET creates a small fraction of the heat of Si. Significantly reducing a major driver of power in both devices and data centres (fans and cooling equipment)

-POET can be a monolithic solution. Meaning, a device will just need 1 processors, not many interconnected processors and equipment. POET can also be used in the RAM of a device (driving similar benefits). This has many benefits including less costly manufacturing.

POET can be manufactured using the existing equipment held by semiconductor companies today. Very little cost (comparatively) to switch to this technology.

With the right equipment POET, can be scaled down the way SI has been scaled down in the last 20 years.

The atomic make up of GAas drive minimal to nil radiation + the benefits above provide excellent properties for military and space.

POET has been verified to be built by third party, British Aerospace.

BAE has provided statements to say they are VERY interested to working with POET in their future technology. There is an expectation a licensing deal is in the works. POET has also been funded by NASA for many years, and applications exist there in medium as well.

POET has developed a laser technology. (FJ and Ogee will explain this one better than I)

Similar to above, POET has developed a technology that utilizes light, instead electricity to move data across a board, reducing heat, power and driving speeds much higher than 20X. This is the “Phase 2” of POET. This aspect of the technology is to undergo third party proof point within the next year.

So.....

Let's remove the smart phone vertical for out of the equation for one second ...servers, notebooks, tablets, switches, military, cars computers, data center storage, tablets, etc. The impact of this technology is huge and markets are massive.

But...we don’t have to remove smart phones or wearable computing. Due to the monolithic capabilities of POET, the device will need a lot less "other" processors, circuits, battery etc. And one could build a phone with 100NM today. Looking at the size of Samsumg phones these gives me great confidence in this. In addition, POET can be reduced further, now or in the future.

I realize I have data dumped on you but I want to provide a “Coles Notes” version/ bulk transfer to accelerate the conversation. I will defer to the company website, FJ or Ogee to provide much more articulate and technical info.

Again, great to have you on. I think you provide an interest "project" for some of us on the board. We look forward to "converting you" and joining us a shareholders.

TechGC

Please login to post a reply
TechGC
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/24/2013
Social Links