POET Technologies Inc.

in response to sulasailor's message

I agree completely, sulasailor.

In fact, seeing people react to POET's claims has been a kind of life lesson for me. I now try not to allow my natural skepticism to completely close my mind to the improbable. Every once in a while something unexpected is going to happen and 5 years after it will be impossible to imagine life without that thing.

It reminds me of an excerpt from a book I read about why people thought for so long that the sun rotates around the earth.

“Tell me,” the great twentieth-century philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein once asked a friend, “why do people always say it was natural for man to assume that the sun went around the Earth rather than that the Earth was rotating?” His friend replied, “Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going around the Earth.” Wittgenstein responded, “Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth *was* rotating?"

So in reply to Hruska, I ask: Why do people always say that there is no magic bullet, and that POET can't solve the problems facing the semi industry?

His response would likely be that he hasn't seen it in all his experience. So what would a solution that sitsoutside experience actually look like? What would it do? How would it work?

I think a solution to the problems of the semi industry looks like POET.

At least two things seem to be holding people back, and ironically, it's because of their "vast" experience and how it plays on their sense of probability. They think because they have seen so many failures the chances of a real solution is nexg to impossible. And secondly, they think that because they have seen so much failure that they would be able to see a real solution clearly against the wreckage of other failed attempts.

So in the end, the so-called experts have a lack if imagination of equal magnitude to the average joe's lack technical knowledge. That's the recipe for a seriously undervalued technology.

Please login to post a reply
oogee
City
the Hammer
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/17/2012
Social Links