Newcastle Gold Ltd.

Operating Gold Mines - Quebec & Peru Canadian Gold Producer with significant GOLD Reserves

I think we're getting closer and closer to facing the pure propaganda from the proponents of the merger offer. When I look at the arguments the proponents raise, they never have any substance. Either they're pumping the notional $1.80 value of the original WTG toilet paper offer, or they're bashing the potential of the Lamaque project. But, at the same time, we have pumpers pushing the future contribution of a 250k oz/year Lamaque in the new mid-tier gold producer WTG. They're sucking and blowing at the same time. And, IMHO, they're getting desperate.

In my analysis of recent CMM news releases, the regulators have separated out the AGM and Special Meeting schedules. At first, we were faced with simply a Special Meeting, to address the proposed Business Combination between CMM and WTG. Then, we saw a SEDAR posting identifying a combined AGM and SM in late June. But now, acoording to a more recent press release, it won't be possible for the company to meet its disclosure obligations by that date, and they have been forced (I'm interpreting, forced) to conduct an AGM in advance of the SM.

I believe that we can block the SM by meeting them head on at the AGM. There are too many questions about the propriety of the original proposal. About whether the Special Committee of CMM directors was truly independent. About whether the break fee was reasonable. About whether the shares transferred by Finskiy and Scola prior to the press release announcing the proposed merger were insider trades. About whether those trades were to affiliates, in an attempt to influence the minority vote at the Special Meeting.

Expect to be inundated with propaganda.

I will not submit to it. That is my call, and I have given you my personal reasons why.

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/14/2008