Newcastle Gold Ltd.

Operating Gold Mines - Quebec & Peru Canadian Gold Producer with significant GOLD Reserves
in response to glorieux's message

Glorieux

yes I agree. IMO, For us to get north of 1.50 we would probably need to get interest from a competing major, which is not out of the question, thought also not a given. 1.50 would actually be a bargain compared to how much Goldcorp overpaid for Andean.

To me, this last move down on extremely low volume is fishy. Call me a conspiracy theorist but it's entirely possible if not probable IMO that the share price is currently being held and manipulated down in order to make the offer look more attractive and at the highest possible premium to current price. (Similarly to how shares certainly appeared to be held back until the private placements were closed.)

Since I feel this is probable, I'm happy to take advantage of the situation by buying into the sale.

In many of these cases the first offer is not necessarily the end-all either. I've seen situations like this where the offer is raised 3-4 times. However, the attention from having the offer acts as a catalyst to bring up the share price to it's fair value. High River Gold's increase while Severstal was agressively trying to "steal it" for a song is an example that comes to mind.

RE

Please login to post a reply
real_economics
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/14/2010