Mannkind

Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to nada's message

Nada,

I am glad Bydureon is working well for you. I wanted to get your opinion if given a choice between Bydureon and Afrezza, would you still choose Bydureon (or similar Bydureon drugs) . I believe the ADA have reccommended the use of insulin treatment early for type II patients as the more effective way to slow down or stop the progression of the diabetic condition.

I have always wondered if the use of the synthetic inhibitor drugs could make the pancreas work harder and potentially wear out ( lack of better description) the pancreas sooner so causing the patient to be completely reliant on external insulin supplement.

Lastly, you mentioned your your A1c is at 6.4 with using Bydureon. Could you share with us what your A1c value was before taking Bydureon. I am trying to understand how much better than the minimum 0.5 A1c reduction Afrezza has to have to be competitive with these synthetic inhibitor drugs.

Hope my questions are not too personal and thank you in advance for your opinion.

Please login to post a reply
MNKD_FAN
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/21/2013
Social Links
Private Message