Mannkind

Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

I wanted to post this here as well as I posted it on yahoo. I have gotten lot of positive reponses and as miss information keeps being put out I will double up on countering it. When I saw that article by Adam Feuerstein I was about to explode. This guy has stepped over boundries. He actually said he does not care about results. He must not have any diabetic family members obviously. Sick human being this man is. I know lot of you already read some of my thoughts but I will keep putting it out for new people that might not have read some. In my words below I shared my thoughts on how people are missing some key benefits of Afrezza. just realized that I did not mention the benefit of being inhaled or needle free...lol..I never really saw that as a benefit because the true benefits are so much great that I dont even think about that. This is what most people keep missing..People like Adam and his crew all they talk about is "INHALED and Exubera" The ignorance of these people is overwhelming. lol

Avoiding lows would save 1000s of . 1 in 20 die of lows

I wanted to post some major points. Everything Al Mann speaks about turned out to be exactly so for me on the trials.

1. Reduced A1C
2. Lowest Fasting Sugars in 10 years as a diabetic
3. Non Existent Lows
4. No more swings to highs and lows
5. No large spikes after meals
6. No reduced lung function
7. No weight gain.
8. No advanced meals plans
9. Did not really count carbs

Sadly the 2 outcomes of the trials is a1c and weight gain..Comical.....What if Afrezza just matches Novolog on A1C or perhaps comes in at 7.5 and novolog at 7.4...

I doubt this will happen but its possible..Why is this? Because with Novolog you have lot of lows. On novolog I swing back and forth...spikes after meals then lows. Its very hard to stay consistent. I am sure some superhardcore diabetics on insulin pumps can get an A1C of 5.7 as I found out on a diabetic message boards where people count every carb and spend 4 hours on the message board per day..However, most people dont have the time for that nor do they want to do that.

With Afrezza I was able to forget about the disease most of the time because I never wondered where my sugar was as 30 minutes after my meal my sugar was set till the next meal..No tails ends and no crashes. Worry free leaving knowing I was healthy as I could be. Sadly the above list number 1, 3, 4, 5 all kill you slowly. Lows which is #3 can kill you on any given day on any given hour on any given minute. However it seems the importance of avoiding lows seems to have been overlooked. Not sure why it was not part of the trial outcomes. I know AL Mann talks about it a good bit. 1 in 20 diabetics die of a low in their lifetime. They dont die of high blood sugar or heart disease or cardiovascular disease. They simply die because their blood sugar happen to fall too low. How about the spikes after meals. If you sugar spikes to 250 after a meal than back to 50 you could average a good a1c with sugar at 150; however, you just hurt your body on the high side and almost got yourself possibly killed on the low side. With Afrezza I really did not see these swings. I have to tell you guys that all the people spreading miss information about Afrezza just have me more motivated to get the word out as they are playing with my life and others as well. I want these idiots to have to talk to parents of kids that died from a low in the middle of the night because of the tail ends of todays insulin. Is it comical that the anti-Afrezza crowd keep talking about the nonsense of inhaled insulin and your lungs yet today people can decide to kill themselves smoking cigarettes and kill others with 2nd hand smoke. Yet there is some scrutiny about putting insulin through your lungs that I know will save my life and allow me to leave a more normal life as a diabetic. It should be my choice. By the way 2 inhaled drugs have been approved by the FDA since last August so all that nonsense can be thrown out the window. Anyways enough for now....Just very fueled about this issue as I have to deal with by crappy insulins I am stuck with for the time being.

Please login to post a reply
afrezzauser2
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/11/2013
Social Links
Private Message