KWG Resources Inc.

Exploration stage company that is participating in the discovery, delineation and development of chromite deposits in the James Bay Lowlands of Northern Ontario. These deposits are globally significant source of chromite which may be refined into ferrochrome, a principal ingredient in the manufacture of stainless steel.
in response to Keep Digging's message

Hello KD,

Item 3 on your post says:

"3. I have heard unofficial and unconfirmed reports that China FSDI recently lost a sizable project in Massachusetts. Apparently, the key reason they lost this railway project was because they wanted to use Chinese manufactured and shipped rail cars rather than relying on local labour and suppliers to manufacture the cars on site for the project. I have to think that something like this will not happen again. I’m sure China FSDI is supportive and encouraging of this move and want to engage our local First Nations in an inclusive way."

This is a good point for China to note.

Also, they will need to be sensitive to the host country and the many factors that play key roles in a business proposal. It has to end up in a win-win situation for everybody. China has the expertise to build railroads, but greed (as perceived in the MA case) is not something that they want to display. Sensitivity is also very important. Similarly, it's not a good thing to display a bullying attitude. This apply to the company's level as well as the country level.

The reason this is brought up came from the little firestorm cause by the Chinese Minister of Foreign Affairs when he "lectured" a Canadian reporter for asking a question on human rights during his recent visit. That brought a sharp reaction from our PM. China will need to learn from this experience and show some sensitivity during any future trade negotiation, especially when one of their state company is negotiating with Canada for some lucrative deal. If they continue to create "disatisfaction" from the host country, they may end up with a decision by Canada (Fed + Prov) to finance the RR themselves ($1B+1B = $2B would be enough). That would make the deal smaller for China, i.e. if they want the chromite they can finance the mine for a quaranteed supply of our natural resources.

To make the above joint funding between the Fed and the Prov for the RR possible Premier Wynne will need to have a new minister (one that would not continue to say "need to get it right" for some 7 years, and did nothing).

This is a golden opportunity, since she is about to shuffle her Cabinet. Get rid of those talkers. We need doers to kick start the RoF.

GH

Please login to post a reply
goldhunter11
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/22/2010
Social Links