KWG Resources Inc.

Exploration stage company that is participating in the discovery, delineation and development of chromite deposits in the James Bay Lowlands of Northern Ontario. These deposits are globally significant source of chromite which may be refined into ferrochrome, a principal ingredient in the manufacture of stainless steel.
in response to MarlboroDog's message

MarlboroD

Yup, it's more politically correct to avoid open pit mining, especially the huge hole like the huge Bingham Canyon copper mine which can be seen from space. However this mine has been operated safely and complied with the environmental regulations in the USA. However, an underground mine (like the NI mine NOT proposed for Eagle Nest) with a backfilling option using waste rocks would have less opposition.

Just looked at the 2 NI-43-101 report for BC and BD. Interesting to find that BC chromite deposit is in a geometry similar to that of Eagle Ni mine, hence would be amenable for an UG operation. A small pit with a ramp going down would be a good starting point.

Also, BD deposit has a geometry that can be mine by an open pit plus UG as indicated in KWG NI-43-101 (surprised that they have a recent version, May 2014 by SGB).

Perhaps, a small pit can start first with a UG operation for both BC and BD since they are just next door (note the shift due to a fault in PRB Tech Report, Fig 17.3). Perhaps, BD is a continuation of BC...in fact, BC seems to be part of BT...Siamese triplet?).

Frank should have a chat with Dave Palmer to form a JV or something.

goldhunter

Please login to post a reply
goldhunter11
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/22/2010
Social Links