Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to hobbers's message

Hobbers, I see 3 separate Sprott funds listed on the CNBC data you posted (Sprott Canadian, Sprott Inc., Sprott Asset) for a total of approximately 2.1 million shares. I suspect the data in table 2 listing top mutual fund holders, in some cases, is part of the totals in table one of top institutional holders as some companies have multiple funds and multiple classifications. I also don't understand the listings for Sentient as the numbers don't add up to their known position.

To your point, I note the fund showing a high turn over rating is the Sprott Inc. fund which holds 674.5k shares. I went to a source I frequently use for institutional data which shows this same Sprott Inc, fund holding 687.8k shares as of Dec 31, 2011 and this became 674.5k shares as of Mar 30, 2012 (Q1 data), same as the CNBC data source. This is only a decline of 13.3k shares which is rather small. The Q2 data for 13-F filings (June 30, 2012) has not yet been released as it this occurs 45 days after the close of the quarter.

The bottom line is I don't know why it's listed as a high turn over rating as current existing evidence says otherwise. I guess we will get a better idea once the actual Q2 data is published in the 13-F filings in the middle of August.

Please login to post a reply
gwr1
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/06/2008
Social Links
Private Message