Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to Mrsoul027's message

Soul, here's what I see. I see minorites of all kinds who get away with all kinds of statements that, if uttered by the "majority" (and you know who you are! LOL), would be seen as disgusting, racist, inappropriate statements. It happens time and again. Now, it could very well be that those who dislike Blacks, for example, just choose to keep there feelings to themselves, rather than broadcast it as widely as certain minorities, but whatever the reason, I see the "majority" constantly bending over backwards (with, of course, notable exceptions of the kind you cite) not to be insensitive or politically incorrect toward the various minorities. Many Americans have become like Catholics - they feel much guilt. I know I feel it, maybe I've gotten used to taking it on, being raised Catholic!

Now, having said that, would I roll the dice and trade places with and take the kind of life certain minorities have had to endure, both here and throughout the world - no, I would not. I see the advantages my light skinned color (which, by the way, belies my ethnicity) has bestowed upon me. Is it fair? No, not by any means. But it's also not fair that some people game the system and take what they can get, although their personal disadvantage was not so difficult to overcome.

I believe I am well to the left of the political center of this forum, but that doesn't stop me from seeing both the "unattractive" greed of the certain of the rich, and the lack of accountability of certain of the poor.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links