Golden Hope Mines

Golden Hope Mines Limited is a junior mining company trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GNH and on the Pink Sheets in the U.S. under the symbol GOLHF.
over 13 years ago
Re: report
over 13 years ago
over 13 years ago
over 13 years ago
over 13 years ago
over 13 years ago
over 13 years ago
over 13 years ago
over 13 years ago
over 13 years ago
over 13 years ago
in response to Cinema Show's message

I have a comment for you guys on that very valid question.

I'm not sure why they do not communicate these things, and in a practical world it would make sense that they would and should communicate this. I would do it in my business, that's for certain.

If I were to guess - it is that it is expensive to distribute news releases (Candido mentioned this once to me), and there are rules and regulations of what would be considered material information and probably a whole lot of grey in between.

I think giving explicit updates on all goings-on of the internal company (like on their website for example) might lend itself to playing in that grey area, and I certainly do not see similar updates anywhere else on any other juniors, or majors, or any other publicly traded company. NR's seem to be just that....the portal of information distributed through a specific advantage to make sure all investors get the same information at the same time in a fair way.

Probably best to ask Sasha this, but there's a comment for you.

And while I'm at it I was reminded today of some other instance in where a company has had a lengthy delay, yet apparently gets a free pass while GNH gets libelled by Stockwatch.

BMK (Macdonald mines) wrote this in a NR on October 8th.

A news release is planned for the following week to provide details on the target selections and specific areas.

It is now January 13 and there has been no such NR. On October 29th I wrote the company an email inquiring about this statement and I received 2 replies.

Mr. Brattymackattack,

Our exploration update has been delayed. We have still commenced drilling on the Butler Property, and this drilling is ongoing. Once the exploration update is ready, we will have a news release put out.

Regards,

Eric

AND

Brad - the exploration update was planned for an earlier release but we have decided to do this at a later date (very near future) with the intent of providing more information around targets and selections.

Stay tuned.

Regards,

Brent Nykoliation
Vice President of Business Development

So, there you go. They publicly announce that they will have news within a week and then more than 3 months later...nothing. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but maybe it's for the same reason that Home Depot staff always seem to want to get away from customers....it's just the way it is!

I would be willing to bet though that there is very good reason why they do not explain these very fine details to investors. Not to mention it's a slippery slope. The more you give, the more they will want.

Please login to post a reply
brattymack
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/30/2009
Social Links