Golden Hope Mines

Golden Hope Mines Limited is a junior mining company trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GNH and on the Pink Sheets in the U.S. under the symbol GOLHF.

This is a very simple article to defend. The author conjured up some pretty good facts for the reader, that's for certain. This is the equivalent of tabloid reporting on the stock market as far as I'm concerned.

Let's see. Jenna doesn't get great service at a very busy McDonalds in Vancouver during the Olympics and then she calls a Toronto McDonalds for their turnaround times? Then reconfirms this by calling a Burger King in Halifax?

'Activation Labs' turnaround manager was on holidays when a reporter called, but the manager of the company's Thunder Bay lab, Tom Clavet, said it would take "an extra couple days" for metallic pulp assays. ALS Chemex in Vancouver says its metallic assays take about one extra day, but they do cost more. An ALS fire assay costs $11 a sample, while a metallic assay costs $30.'

I bet I could write a pretty convincing article that Tom Cruise is actually Miley Cyrus' father and that some readers might take it as fact. I'd just have to put enough lip gloss on it for the dear reader.

It's a shoddy article at best for anyone who is aware of the realities of the situation. But that is the power of the press. 'If it is written, it must be true.' When you have articles written about you you quickly learn just how untrue that is.

I could make swiss cheese of this article and serve it up on a silver platter but that would take more effort than I'm willing to give it.

I'm certainly looking forward to more articles from JG. I hope she puts a little more effort into getting better quotes from better sources this time around.

In fact, speaking of effort perhaps somebody could put the time into calling Actlabs in Ancaster and finding out for themselves. I'd love to hear what they say. Southside? Jenna?

I'm safely tucked away behind my avatar so don't take it from me, but I've heard directly from Wes Hanson of Noront, Tim Ghallager of Excalibur, and Jim Tilsley of GNH that Actlabs in Ancaster is a mess of delays right now. Throw in another play called Alder Resources which is going on 2 months of delayed assays and I think Stockwatch could find several other companies to write up in the near future, and that's right off the top of my head. Of course, why bother with those when you can generate interest by writing about such a well followed company such as GNH?

I think the article served its purpose and got some attention, but I think Stockwatch loses a lot of credibility in an industry that is only built on credibility. Stockwatch=Tabloid, in my opinion.

In fact, I STILL cannot get over the quote from the article above. 'Turnaround manager on holidays'? Really?! Oh, the irony is delicious.

Please login to post a reply
brattymack
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/30/2009
Social Links