Golden Hope Mines

Golden Hope Mines Limited is a junior mining company trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GNH and on the Pink Sheets in the U.S. under the symbol GOLHF.
Re: Osisko
over 14 years ago
in response to glorieux's message

Just a thought to share on the mining costs.

The OSK Malarctic is lower grade, open pit.

Our grade may be higher and the nugget effect still presides.

There may be an extra step in our process to mine the gold. As there are nuggets, they will not dissolve as easily in the cyanide, or heap leach etc. They are too big. As such, they will need to be removed mechanically first.

I like to think of a large tub full of ping pong balls. Throw about a dozen golf balls on the top and start vibrating the tub. After about 5 minutes you will probably find about 11 of those golf balls have made their way to the bottom. I believe this is a similar type process that would transpire with the pulverized quartz/gold/diorite/minerals etc.

Kind of like how Hoov and Panning4Gold mentioned there was gold particles at the bottom of the crusher, the small pieces of gold will also make their way down by gravity and then through screens. I believe this has been done before by NovaGold in Alaska but I'm not positive on that. It prob increases costs, but the higher grade compensates this.

Not 100% sure on this, but this has been discussed...that I am sure of.

Please login to post a reply
brattymack
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/30/2009
Social Links