Falcon Oil and Gas Ltd.

Welcome To The Falcon Oil and Gas HUB On AGORACOM A global energy company with projects in Hungary, Australia & South Africa
in response to vasudeva's message
Sounds encouraging so far. Too bad the moratorium stuff has to put a damper on things.

Personally, I think Origin waited too long to do this initial horizontal frack. Too much time spent looking at this, looking at that, studying this, studying that, and sure enough, by the time they got around to it, it happened to be pretty much the exact moment that a new government takes over and puts in a moratorium.

Nevertheless, if we can get good flow rates from Amungee (which is really what it all comes down to anyway), coupled with a possible confirmation of the massive areal extent of the target zones by W-1, then I think there will be a great deal of internal political pressure to see to it that the resources are developed in a prudent and timely fashion, for the economic benefit of the Territory and Australia as a whole.

So far it appears that, from an operational standpoint, the hydraulic frack was a success. So that's a positive if they can demonstrate in a real-world setting that they can perform the operation safely.

One other thing,...they mentioned that the rig at W-1 was being released. I thought that they were going to be drilling another well further north right after W-1. Did plans change, or will this be with a different rig? Perhaps they had trouble obtaining the permits?

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the Amungee results!

just my opinion
Please login to post a reply
JS490
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/22/2014
Social Links