Crystallex International

Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM "Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold producer with operations and exploration properties in Venezuela."
in response to jimmijazz's message

JJ...I think the reason Crystallex has lost so many of us so much money has to do with the "big payoff being right around the corner" syndrome. There always seems to be a carrot dangling to keep us hanging on. The present carrot is the "Chinese travel to Canada to amp up direct talks with Robert Fung on potential buyout" rumour. Another carrot is "the big arbitration pop" we will get when we get a PR explaining how we are going to avoid imminent bankruptcy.

The last carrot I fell for was resisting the temptation to sell my entire position at the end of December to take the tax loss and buy it back 31 days later. How could I justify doing that with the delayed "fourth quarter permit\JV approval" certainly right around the corner? I'm sure I'm not the only one kicking myself for being such an optimist on that decision.

Sad to say...but my entire experience with KRY has been 100% negative. Buying more was always a mistake. Not selling was always a mistake. It has never failed to go lower...and lower...and lower...usually after sucking more investment dollars from my wallet at a temporarily high price.

I am simply stating facts. No negative bias. Based on these facts, I would not be shocked to have the next PR be shareholder unfriendly in terms of dilution to the moon or worse. If I was Fung and there was ANY way I could support the share price at this juncture thru my public statements....I certainly would. I think share holders deserve that much respect after what we've been thru. I'm not holding my breath.

As far as "holding for arbitration"...I have to disagree on that strategy. The only reason to hold at this point is to speculate that we are close to reaching a buyout deal with the Chinese (there is that damn "carrot" again). IMO holding for arbitration makes absolutely no sense. You can invest your money in real gold stocks and catch the rise in precious metals\oil\commodities over the next few years and then come back to KRY prior to the arbitration award and avoid years of having to read posts like this.

Please login to post a reply
GWhatesmidgets
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/16/2007
Social Links
Private Message