Crystallex International

Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM "Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold producer with operations and exploration properties in Venezuela."
in response to RedRock's message

RedRock

This is something that always bothers me.The governments of US and here in Canada have both publically denouced Chevez and his policies toward human rights,his path Venezuela is leading towards communism/dictatorship.They huff and puff but do nothing to stop it.Stop all trading with them if you are that serious.Do we really need their oil that bad that we have to stay in bed with them.In my opinion wouldnt it be better to put sanctions in place now,before they turn into another Cuba or Iran.The population might still have a little power to change governments if they start hurting economically.Once they are under a full martial law it will be much more difficult to change without a full revolution to take place.Sanctions after Ven becomes another Cuba will not work.It hasnt worked with Cuba even after the downfall of their sugar daddy the USSR.The sad part in this i believe is ,money.Money controls all governments,not policy.Do something about it US and Canada,though we dont really carry much wieght,at least it would show we actually have some balls.Wont happen though.

Bill

Please login to post a reply
Jingles
City
North Bay,Ontario
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/14/2007