Copper Fox Metals Inc.

Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM Copper Fox Metals is a Canadian-based resource company focused on developing the world-class Schaft Creek Project in northwestern British Columbia.

If 421 shows stressed horizontal slabs and banded mineralizations and high grades...

• Diamond drill hole (DDH) CF419-2011 located in the Liard zone intersected 0.46% copper, 0.41g/t gold, 0.043% molybdenum and 2.15g/t silver (0.96% copper equivalent) over an interval of 110.8m starting at a core length of 10.2m,
  • DDH CF419-2011 also intersected 0.55% copper, 0.20g/t gold, 0.013% molybdenum and 1.88g/t silver (0.76% copper equivalent) over an interval of 136.7m starting at a core length of 121.0m, mineralization is cut off by a flat lying mylonitic fault zone
  • This would give us the possibility of a high grade volcanic zone. These sheer stressed formations often indicate a collapsed volcanic region but in our case, they are more likely associated with the fault system and rotation cause by regional scale plate movement. This would possibly be associated with the Hickman formation and repeated hydrothermal events.

The gold moly silver ratios suggest the possibility of increasing grades of the precious stuff. This could lead to a faulted zone where mineralization is cause by water squeezed through the rocks in a horizontal transport system. Repeated rinse wash cycles like that lead to high concentrations along the contact surfaces and frequently, blisters of gold silver and rhenium as in our case. Depending on how the even ended it possible to find a pooled concentration nearby.

It will be interesting to hear what Elmer has to say. This latest NR was rushed and not up to his usual standard. Ie Typo.

"DDH CF417-2011 intersected 0.24% copper, 0.08g/t gold and 1.27g/t silver over a 21m interval starting a core length of 399.0m,"

Normally he will leave bread crumbs in the descriptions. This time I find myself doing a bit of guess work. Take the description for the "flat lying mylonitic fault zone". I have to ask if the mylonites were mostly formed in a subhorizontal shear zone which was then exposed due to a dip-slip component of faulting or, is this collapsed volcanics? The answer does make a difference.

Given that below it we have " Disseminated and fracture/veinlet controlled chalcopyrite, bornite and molybdenite occur in potassic and phyllic altered andesite." (phyllic altered = Hydrothermal alteration typically resulting from removal of sodium, calcium, and magnesium from calc-alkalic rocks, with pervasive replacement of silicates, muting the original rock texture. It is a common style of alteration in porphyry base-metal systems around a central zone of potassic alteration.) This picture will help you see what I'm getting at. http://geosphere.gsapubs.org/content/2/3/161/F1.expansion.html

Compare the above to our terrain photos and the old deposit layout picture noting the cupola level brechia hydrothermal event http://www.copperfoxmetals.com/i/maps/GeographicalModel.jpg

It may indicate to us that the formation comes from the south and represents a new find. As we close in on the boundary we could hit big money.

So as much as we complain about the snails pace there really was a need to hurry up and get more drilling done. I would want to know what we are looking at if I were Elmer. Perhaps he can shed some light on this. If I'm right then 421 blows the lid off this. It could be the cause of some real excitement. One thing that's becoming clear is that as we get closer to the Hickman event the silver goes up.

Looking at 423 we are told there are 3 mineralizations.

"The Schaft Creek porphyry copper-molybdenum deposit is located on the western flank of a complex belt of rocks up to 10 kilometres wide and 50 kilometres long between Mess and Schaft creeks. This belt is overlain east of Mess Creek by a broad north trending belt of Cenozoic volcanics, while west of Schaft Creek three different intrusive units have formed another broad north trending belt. The deposit occurs near the eastern margin of one of these units, the Middle(?) Triassic-Middle Jurassic Hickman batholith, a crudely zoned complex with a core of pyroxene diorite grading to biotite granodiorite at the edges. North of this batholith is a massive Tertiary-Cretaceous quartz monzonite, which intrudes both the batholith, and a Juro-Cretaceous granodiorite to quartz diorite intrusion."

I wanted to find a drawing of the Hickman event so I could show the layout of the area. Can't find a good one. My suspicion is that is another area that's wide open to exploration. I'll have to leave off here. Company has arrived.

W

Please login to post a reply
    webgogs
    City
    Quesnel
    Rank
    Vice President
    Activity Points
    Rating
    Your Rating
    Date Joined
    10/21/2011