Connacher Oil and Gas

Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Hi 2Crude;

You are correct 2Crude. Joselyn was Deer Creek not JACOS. I did a lot of research today and I cannot find anything that links Drifter Projects to JACOS' Hangingstone Project so my premise that JACOS might want to purchase Connacher because both JACOS and Connacher had Drifter Projects as their common management team overseeing production of both of their plants is incorrect. So much for my theory. On the other hand JACOS has not started building their separate 30,000 bbl/day expansion plant yet. They are waiting 6 months until they make their final decision on the costs involved and whether to go ahead with their expansion plant at all. Maybe, just maybe they are thinking that by buying Connacher for around the same price that it will cost for their proposed expansion that they can get more production from Connacher's POD1, Algar plants and the proposed 24,000 bbl/day expansion at Algar in addition to all of Connacher's oil reserves for free. JACOS' proposed expansion is supposed to be finished in 2014 and so would Connacher's expansion be around the same time.

Thanks for your help 2Crude.

Cheers; Scott

Please login to post a reply
Road_Warrior
City
Richmond Hill, ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined