Connacher Oil and Gas

Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Jurek

Thanks for bringing up the Alpha exchange it was also mentioned on SH..I did some research on it and it appears to be available ONLY to instutions and registered financial companies and NOT to retail traders like myself that invest in my RRSP which not being a professional would explain me not hearing about it.

http://www.alphatradingsystems.ca/HOME/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Become a Subscriber

A dealer will qualify for access to Alpha ATS as a Subscriber if they are a member in good standing of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC), and report and settle their equity transactions, either directly or indirectly, through CDS.

Institutional clients of Subscribers may access Alpha ATS directly through a dealer sponsored access arrangement (Sponsored direct marketplace access or Sponsored DMA client), or by contacting a subscriber dealer’s trading desk.

Subscribers’ use of Alpha ATS is subject to Alpha’s policies, and terms and conditions specified in the Alpha Subscriber Agreement.

It also costs $1500 a month to subscribe to

This exchange does appear to support high frequency trading which if it does, would explain why SP tanked for no reason ( tied in with your previous posts about the TSX delisting and fund managers selling because of it). With 14.77 million shares traded entirely by institutions and off the TSX radar it now makes sence about what's going on with CLL because NONE of this trading show up on my TSX level 2.It's nice to know about this exchange .

now my question to you- If you're a retiree how are you getting this information from an exchange that appears to be only available to institutions? Can you at least let us know how you're doing it so we can also get the info.

Please login to post a reply
rebels1
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2007
Social Links
Private Message