Connacher Oil and Gas

Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM
in response to BKM8572's message

Brian

Feel your pain,, I'm still shaking my head. Debt level is the same as it was only difference is the 50% dilution. Pre crash CLL was trading mostly between $3.30 _ $4.00 with the extended band being $3.00 to $5.50 when the games were going..Even with the 50% dilution we should be trading in the $1.50 to $2.00 range which has been tried..

IMO reasons are as follows..

Nobody expected the crash. Small cap companies in all sectors got pasted as whatever few investors were left stuck with the Blue Chip dividend paying stocks. Money hasn't yet returned and what little has is avoiding the small caps.

There's been a concerted effort by the environazis to destroy the oil sands. This of course has hurt all oil sand players regarding new investors foreign and domestic. Except of course the Chinese who're buying their future energy needs.

New money from investors is staying away due to fears of a double dip so money can only be raised by issuing shares at low rates.

Our current situation may be the result of tax selling. CLL always dips in Nov them runs up. Investor will frequently sell a stock at a loss to offset gains. Problem is they have to wait 30 days to buy it again. What I see is a sell off in early Nov, SP held in check for the 30 days then run up. This allows a tax credit and the ability to buy back in and enjoy the run. This applies to many small cap companies..

Another thing is do we really know how ETF's are effecting cll..A bear ETF on oil requires SP to drop in order for them to go up ( and vise versa for bull ETF's). This IMO contributes to new low/ high volatility..

Please login to post a reply
rebels1
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2007
Social Links
Private Message