St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company
in response to dazza8's message

dazza8,

"And this is just an assumption because I really do not know, but is Lori travelling to New York on SLI's dime to specifically be interviewd by Fox."

That's the kind of speculative statement that starts arguments - In My Opinion. I don't want to argue with you, but please consider:

1. The president of any company is not accountable to shareholders for where they go or what business they have there. They have been appointed by the board of directors (who are elected by the shareholders) to conduct the business of the company as they deem appropriate.
  2. Company presidents are not accountable to shareholders for travel costs. They do have a fiduciary duty to spend the company's money wisely, in the course of doing the legitimate business of the company. The company's auditors (also appointed by the shareholders) will question expenses that they think are outside the boundaries of ligitimacy and they report (annually) to the shareholders on anything they find.
  3. Company presidents don't spend hours flying across continents to "specifically" do 2 minute spots on a second rate business news show.
  4. We "really do not know" who paid for the trip, what the purpose(s) of the trip were, or what the outcomes of the trip were, except for the Fox spot, which is the only publicized aspect of whatever the trip was about.

It can be dangerous to make "assumptions" without having all the background. I'm not trying to provoke you here (really). I just seen too many one line pokes at management start forest fires on this board and others. For what it's worth, I usually see something of value in your contributions. Please don't stop.

Sincerely,

No Worries.

Please login to post a reply
NoWorries
City
Calgary
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined