St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company
in response to AlbertaSurfer's message

Albertasurfer,

I agree that the most recent TV spot wasn't the best ever. Far from it. Still we have to allow for the "real" topic and the situation and cut Lori a bit of slack. Someone posted that we (SLI) pays for these spots, but I can't find anything to support that and I would certainly like to be corrected if I'm wrong.

That Don Bastien is retired from CTV is a good catch on your part - thanks. Although I'm sure he left with his Rolodex intact, and has not yet forgotten how to work it. I accept that experience in the industry is a positive, until I see evidence to the contrary.

And I don't count coaching Lori on how to work Fox interview in that. Those guys have their own agenda, and it has nothing at all to do with ours. Women in the boardroom is a topic that gets viewer's attention and that (attention) is all they care about. We've got one and most companies don't and that is all that matters if you want controversial news.

Watching these interviews, and listening to the CC, are all the more difficult when we've spent so much time analyzing everything. We (who've been doing our DD) are so much more critical, and listening for every nuance that might fill in the blanks between official company communications (NRs). Is it possible that we want so much to hear something (anything) that we are filling in blanks that are not really there in the first place?

JMHO

NoWorries (until something really goes off the rails).

Please login to post a reply
NoWorries
City
Calgary
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/14/2012
Social Links