St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company
in response to earnhardt's message

A few people have asked what my background is, to come up with $17.00/share from this data.

Well, I hate to guess. I'm a programmer by trade, specializing in communication protocols, encryption, data analysis. So, I did up a quick analysis.

What we *know*, is the intercepts and their grades. Lets assume that they represent some "slabs" of gold bearing ore, with a certain width and length.

What we *don't* know, is what everything in between holds. We know we got some dry holes, and we suspect that the rest are really not yet representative of the anomolies -- they were nibbling around the edges with some of these holes, if I recall.

So, what is the *worst* case scenario? What is the absolute minimum grade of the rest of the "overburden", before the whole thing is un-minable -- and hence, probably worthless.

Fortunately, we can figure that out. It turns out to be 0.15 g/ton (assuming a strip-mine cut-off grade of 0.30 grams/ton). If all the rest of the holes have similar intercepts and average 0.15 grams/ton in the "overburden" portions, we'll be golden.

What is the chance that, in the middle of the anomolies, we won't get 0.15 grams/ton? Once we get into the thick of the anomolies, my guess is that it won't be hard to meet these grades, on average.

Anyway, assuming just 0.15 grams/ton in the overburden, and only the same kind of intercepts in the remainder of the cores, we'd be worth $17 bucks a share, with only a 1000m x 500m strip mine, (area averaged at 1/2 depth, totalled over all anomolies over the whole property.

All I set out to accomplish is to put a lower bound on the grade that we *must* get in the overburden to be strip minable, and to get a realistic price, based on that lower bound, based on some previously discussed potential strip mine sizes, based on the size of the big anomoly.

I don't think $17.00 is bad, for what I think is probably a worst-case scenario. I'm expecting better, actually, as future cores come in! I won't be selling...

Please login to post a reply
TraderBob
City
Spruce Grove
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/19/2011
Social Links