St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company
Edward Schneider
almost 13 years ago

I admit I was curious about this character and the sketchy website, so I did a little digging. On the Seeking Alpha website, this is what it says about Mr. Schneider:

"Edward Schneider is a managing director of Quan Management LLC. Mr. Schneider has over 20 years of investment experience, including 15 years managing technology funds in both quoted equities and venture capital. Prior to founding Quan Management in 2000, Mr. Schneider was a Geneva-based fund manager for Lloyds TSB Bank from 1994 to 2000, where he managed funds in excess of US$100 million as well as an external venture capital portfolio. From 1986 – 1994, Mr. Schneider was a buy-side equity analyst for Connecticut-based Wright Investors’ Service. Mr. Schneider holds a CFA designation, an MBA from Thunderbird and a BA from Emory University."
OK, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, if his profile is true, he's a well-educated person with quite a bit of financial experience and probably speaks fluent German and English, maybe French too. On a whim I googled the Geneva white pages and found one Edward Schneider at the following address:
Schneider Beatrice et Edward
avenue Peschier 8
1206 Geneve
Phone: * 022 789 80 20
I also googled the Geneva yellow pages for the keyword "quan" and had several hits. One of the hits was:
Quan conseils SA
société financière
avenue Peschier 8
1206 Genève
Phone: * 022 789 40 08
Fax: * 022 789 40 41
E-mail: * info@quanfunds.com

"Societe financiere" is of course French for Financial Company. So Mr. Ed works out of his house in Geneva, Switzerland, and he is a "contributing editor" to Seeking Alpha. Or he lives in his office!

Now we know who he is and where he lives and works. Is he so successful that he just works from the comfort of his own home? Or is he desparately trying to short the stock from a dark corner in his basement? You never know who these people really are and what their agenda is. Just be careful about what you read, folks, and take comfort in the fact that none of these people know as much about our investment as we do!

Please login to post a reply
jakestocksnake
City
Edmonton
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/28/2010
Social Links