St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company
in response to hogtown6's message

Good comparison info you had Hog, for BBCC. There is lots of info we can all google, search, etc, but it is no doubt very time consuming, and at times frustrating. I've tried to make a list, and a chart, but so very hard to compare apples to apples.

When you dig up all this info, one of the main things is the number of shares the Company has outstanding, at the time of offer, or takeover, so the price can be very misleading.

We've talked about this Andean a few times, but it is a very good comparison:

Sept 2010, Andean was taken out by Goldcorp, after they trumped a 3.2 Billion offer by Eldorado Gold. This deal was approx a $3.6 Billion ($3600 Million) on approx 2.5 Million OZ of Gold. No doubt there was large amounts of silver, and a very promising future. Due to all this, a very large number was paid for the 2.5 Million OZ in the ground.

Bottom Line though, the shareholders received, approx $6.50 per share. But this is my point about how many outstanding shares the company has. Andean had appox 553 Million shares outstanding (approx 4.61 times more than SLI), so when you take the buyout price & multiply by 4.61 times:

$6.50 X 4.61 = approx $30 per share SLI Comparable

(Gold was approx $1400 at that time)

I know I've posted info like this in the past, but there are many new viewers, and it's not a bad refresher for everyone. I know the SP is not the best right now, and everyone is awaiting the next NR, followed by the next NR, etc, etc, but as many always say, "The Fundamentals" have not changed.

Andean, IMO, is a very good comparison for us, and that was on approx 2.5 Million OZ, but it does make you realize the future potential of your share value, if you have the patience.

BOW2U

Please login to post a reply
BOW2U
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/25/2010
Social Links