St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company
in response to greaser10's message

Hi Greaser,

I may be viewing your post out of context, but as I understand it, you are comparing the Suggi Lake geophysical survey to the Titan24 survey conducted on Tesoro.

I would not by any means consider myself an expert in geophysics but have a bit of experience with it.

I just wanted to point out that they are different types of geophysical surveys. The Titan24 survey appears to employ a suite consisting of DC resistivity, induced polarization (IP) and magnetotelluric resistivity (MT), whereas the Suggi Lake survey appears to be a time domain electromagnetics (TDEM or TEM) based approach.

Although both approaches assess the resistivity of the subsurface materials, it is difficult to directly compare results from different approaches at different sites. Even if both approaches were used on the same site, they might produce a qualitative match but not necessarily matching numerical results for the resistivity of the materials. Also, the images are just a visual interpretation of the geophysical data, so the colours and the resistivity ranges associated with them are arbitrarily chosen by the modeler.

This makes it hard to compare these two surveys. That being said, I have quite a bit of confidence in the Titan 24 survey because of the suite of methods used and Quantec's experience in the interpretation of geophysical data for exploration purposes. The proof will be in the drilling. Lets hope that permit comes through soon!

Please login to post a reply
HydroG
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/31/2011
Social Links
Private Message