Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.

Since EDIG's situation fairly parallels that of PTSC in terms of patent litigation as a business model, I believe the following is useful for investors in both companies.

I just received a call from a fellow EDIG shareholder who advised that EDIG has been largely, if not completely, successful in its Markman ruling that has been issued in the case against Dropcam. While I haven't seen the ruling, this is great news assuming, of course, it is accurate. I don't read the Agora EDIG forum very often, but I'd be surprised if it isn't being discussed there, so those interested may wish to check it out.

Of course, we all know that, as good as obtaining a favorable Markman surely is, this alone doesn't mean that large sums of money will automatically begin flowing into EDIG's coffers. For one thing, and merely by recollection so corrections are very welcome, I seem to recall that these patents are also under review by the PTAB. If so, EDIG would also need to clear that hurdle before it is out of the woods, and even then, Dropcam may not be willing to fall on its sword pay big bucks in settlement.

Still, none of the above is meant to rain on the parade for EDIG shareholders. Winning a Markman is certainly better than the opposite, so congrats to EDIG's attorneys and good luck to all in hoping that the PTAB likewise comes through favorably.

Please login to post a reply
ronran
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2004
Social Links
Private Message