Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to PIC2021R's message

Thanks everyone for discussing this matter. PIC2021R that was exactly my question and I think this is special in the US, but I think I understand GumboSoup now. If the infringer is notified the look back period is 6 years and from this point of time onwards till infinity (15 September 2015) or the product isn’t produced anymore.

PIC2021R yes, if we don’t set them on notice they just have to pay the last 6 years, but we set them on notice. More than 400. Hence they owe us all the royalties from the point we set them on notice till the expiration date plus 6 year look back.

Example: The infringer is producing a product A since 2000 and we set him on notice in 2006 everything is fine, because look back is 6 years and if the product is produced till 2015 we can ask for the whole time span. Or do we have to file a claim in court in 2006? Please, GumboSoup help me once again if this is correct or not. Thanks in advance.

Please login to post a reply
Mirodrag
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/27/2008
Social Links
Private Message