Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to EDIGOKIE's message

Great to hear from you. I had no idea you had moved that close to Dallas --- I get over there once or twice a year, and will definitely be calling now that I know you're in that area.

As to the jury verdict, yes, we are waiting to see if HTC either asks for a post-trial judgment as a matter of law or, alternatively, an appeal. I've lost track of the actual deadline, but the former must be done within 28 days after entry of judgment, while the latter must be done within 30 days after entry of judgment. I made a couple of prior posts that get more specific if you have the time and interest to find them --- sorry, I didn't make specific note of them. In any event, these deadlines are pretty close just by my recollection.

The judge statutorily has the power to increase damages, just as he statutorily has the power to overturn the verdict of infringement. As a practical matter, however, such things occur in very few instances --- I surely would not expect either in our case, although all of us, including me, have certainly been shown by this litigation that anything can happen.

As to the personal insults, well, we just have a number of emotionally invested folks here who have "fallen in love" with PTSC and thus have diffculty dealing with reality. Not only have they invested their money, but their emotions as well --- so, when they hear someone saying something they don't like about the Company, they perceive it as an attack on them in a personal sense and they lash out at the messenger. For each one of them, and more by far, there are friends such as you, so I don't worry too much about it although I very much appreciate your kind words and support.

Best wishes to you and yours always.

Please login to post a reply
ronran
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2004
Social Links