Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to Mike4321's message

Way back in 2006, I believe it was, Mac Leckrone (who presented) reportedly stated at the Shareholders meeting that there were 485 companies on notice.

In the Shareholders meeting before last (one and half years ago) Dan stated that there were around 450.

In the recent NorCal trial, my understanding is that Dan stated there were "over 400".

In a PACER or ITC court document, an adversary supposedly stated that TPL had 800 companies on notice. I never saw this document directly. And the source is obviously questionable, i.e., how would they know?

All that said, I suspect there are at least 400 on notice as of last week.

However, with the results of last week's victory, it is reasonable to assume that most if not all of TI's 80,000 (yes, 80,000!) customers world wide (per TI's Web site) may be at least "suspect" of infringement. Ditto Qualcom.

It wouldn't surprise me if TPL is now furiously targeting a large number of new suspect infringers, having a much stronger stance after last week's result. Sure, only one and half years of infringement liability left, but if only 1% of TI's advertised customers become notified, that's 800 right there.

FWIW,

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined