Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.

PACERs were issued yesterday on these matters. I went into the system and looked at them, but I have no intention of copying and posting the actual documents, or any others in the future. First, I don't want to be saddled with that responsibility because I don't have the time, and, second, even if I did have time, I wouldn't want to take the chance of being villified if I missed one. However, I will continue to post my thoughts on future PACERs if they are posted by someone else, or if I happen to go looking and find them.

I didn't have a chance to pore over these rulings, so I welcome correction from knowledgeable people who do so, but it appears that Barco's motion for summary judgment has been denied. The court sided with TPL on the basis that more discovery should be allowed, and perhaps indicated that a Markman ruling will first be necessary in order to provide necessary claim constructions. This ruling does not preclude Barco from re-urging such a motion at a later time, and most certainly does not mean that TPL/PTSC have won the case on the merits --- it merely means that Barco didn't win, which is certainly good for TPL/PTSC.

Second, it appears that Mr. Moore lost his motion to have the law firm disqualified. I don't believe this is very important from PTSC's perspective, so I didn't get into the substance of the ruling.

There were a couple of other related rulings, but they likewise didn't appear to be anything of importance. As as result, I didn't even look at them for more than a few seconds.

Best wishes to all.

Please login to post a reply
ronran
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2004
Social Links