Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to ease2002's message

And of course I disagree (to a degree! LOL) with a variation of the theme.

I do strongly suspect that there a bunch of companies "lined up", ready to write a check upon recert of the '336. Data sheets in hand demonstrating infringement, just need verified patent validity via the PTO.

The question that your posts hit is "how many zeros" on those checks. The "example" needed in order to maximize is a truly big dollar award (via a jury decision) that is visible. A valid concern. The fees asked will increase, but that's at the start of negotiations, not the end.

There are ways around this:

- negotiate a settlement/license with terms such that the value of the settlement can be revealed.

- Delayed reaction and less specific, but the 10Qs that will follow showing cum revenues from licensing. Not as fast, but just as effective.

The latter not visible or fast enough? Announce a large dividend - like ten cents a share (assuming that kind of money were available while still holding a reserve). It would beg the question "where'd they get that kind of money?". I suspect the desired people would take notice.

I do recognize the "cart and horse" issues of my argument, i.e, need the big dollar settlements/licenses first, but how to get them without the "prompt".

Thus I conceed that an advertised large jury award would be the preferred method. But how long might we wait for that?

We do have Fujitsu we could point at.

Question: Is there a possible dollar threshold where PTSC, upon exceeding that threshold, would be forced to file an 8K for a "Material Event"? I suspect there is, just how much $?

My last post on this, because it's really beginning to sound like pumping. I do stand behind my original post in this thread.

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/15/2004