Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to badgerboostr's message

You say:

"I will not feel comfortable until PTSC has an independant auditor comb through the Alliacense charges and is able to ask Alliacense attorneys such as Mr. William Bill, S.C. (also known as Multi-Bill) - "Mr. Bill you show 18 hours billed to the MMP portfolio on 3/22 & 3/23 - while at the same time you were in court in Texas for a Coreflash hearing - how do you explain that?"

So, based on nothing but your suspicion, you are accusing Alliacense with Fraud - a felony, punishable by a $10K fine and/or 10 years in jail. And who goes to jail? The CEO and/or CFO. I'm sure they would be happy to accept that risk, knowing that there are five entities looking over their shoulder with a vested interest. And this isn't the only risk. As I've suggested before, a serious mis-step and TPL crumbles - out of business, all agreements dissolved.

Now, you mention CoreFlash. Who owns CoreFlash? TPL? No, that would be Thunderbird. So explain again, using your scenario above, how TPL benefits if they charge PTSC for hours dedicated to CoreFlash. Hours are hours. Charging the wrong entity for hours expended does not increase your profit. Get it?

Now, I've explained all of this before, but do you realize how indepth an audit would have to be to absolutely assure no mischarging? You'd have to have an auditor sitting right next to every employee, 24/7, watching their every move. A one-for-one audit. essentially double the workforce, and the payroll. You want that? Would that make you comfortable? Does any company do that?

Again, all companies are subject to this concern/issue. Notice how you rarely, very rarely, hear of a problem? The threat/risk is too great. Potential jail time plus death of the business.

I strongly suspect the concern is taken seriously by every company, including Alliacense. The ramifications for failure are the same.

Ramifications at the employee level? Immediate dismissal. Try submitting fraudulent timecards for awhile. But expect no mercy if you are caught. You've put the CEO/CFO at risk, and the entire business in jeopardy.

As for Moore's beef with TPL... Anything to do with timecharging? Accounting irregularities? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the issue has entirely to do with his concern that he is not being compensated per the terms of his contract. A contract/legal issue, not an accounting issue.

TPL's prior legal issues....accounting issues? Please advise.

FWIW,

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined