Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.

Would it be unethical or illegal for PTSC to repurchase shares, say 100 Million, which would cost 14 millon. If things unfold as positive as expected, those 100 Million would be worth over 50 Million. If these share are not "retired", they could be used in purchasing something that works.

First off, I don't know when a company repurchases shares, are those shares retired and never to be used again, or are they in the company treasury for use later?

Secondly, I know there is a distaste for the umbrella theory after we blew it with what we purchased, but a shrewd buyer could really make out with some cash in today's market. Key word; shrewd buyer.

I personally think there is a lot of talent on this board. More than the past few CEOs at PTSC. But we see the clash of egos moreoften than the wisdom underneath. Too bad we couldnt use some of the talent that is on this board. Just thinking out loud.

I liked the umbrella theory because it gave us a chance for ongoing future income. MMP has limited life. Either share the wealth knowing it is temporary and we can invest it ourselves (as some have suggested - many individuals would do better than PTSC has done) or ??????

Better days ahead

Please login to post a reply
ignited
City
Oregon City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/14/2004